The one-day workshop developed for absolute beginners is ideal for those who wants practical hands-on approach to mixing glazes. With a wide variety of sources available online, we will explore the basic necessities for anyone to begin their glaze development journey.
What you will learn
- You will learn the typical glaze make up of a glaze
- Equipment needed to mix up the ingredients into a glaze
- Application of glaze
- Safety measures
What you will get
- Raw materials you need to make the glaze for the class
- T&E base recipe for you to start your experiments
- A small pot to glaze (spray or brush-on) or your own bisque
- We will fire your glazed pot for you
- Small batch of 400ml glaze for you to keep
By the end of the workshop, you will be equipped the basics and methodology to start mixing your own glazes.
*This workshop does not require any prior experience or knowledge in pottery or in ceramics.