Terra & Ember's Loft is conveniently located in the heart of the city just a few minutes walk from Aljunied MRT station, with a wide selection of local delicacies and exotic cuisines for a mid-day meal along the streets of Geylang. Amidst the hustle and bustle, our loft provides a tranquil and cosy space for pottery wheel rental or anyone seeking for a conducive craft space to practice their art.
Open Studio Hours Availability
Mondays 10am to 5pm
Thursdays 10am to 5pm
Sundays 10am to 4pm
Applicable to public holidays as well
(Do feel free to contact us should these timings be unsuitable for you and we will see how we can accommodate you)
Rates start from the moment you enter the studio to the moment you depart. To make payment before leaving the studio.
Student/Alumni: $330 for 30 hours
Non-student: $420 for 30 hours
Valid for 2 months from the date of your first booking. Full payment before first studio visit.
A complimentary personal set of pottery tools will be given.
$30 worth of studio credits to be used as you wished.
All above-mentioned rates are inclusive of:
Usage of all studio equipments, facilities, tools, aprons and refreshments in the studio fridge (only for consumption on premises)
Clay, glazes, specialty materials, bisque- and glaze- firing.
(Do feel free to contact us to enquire about the separate charges)
If you would like to make a booking for the hourly rates or if you already have a paid package with us, head over here to fill up a simple reservation form and our team will get back to you on the success of your reservation. Reservations with at least 4 days advance notice will be entertained.
If you would like to purchase a open studio hours package from us, please email us directly first.
- Billable studio hours start from the moment you enter the studio to the moment you depart. You are to stick to the indicated time slot in your reservation, no extension will be given to you in the event you arrive late.
- Your reservation is only confirmed upon receiving a confirmation email from us. Only reservations with at least 4 days of advance notice will be entertained.
- The studio reserves the right to cancel or postpone your booked studio hours in the event of unfortunate circumstances beyond the studio's reasonable control.
- All members to note that all open studio hours rates are unguided and studio's staff will be present only to assist you in the event of any equipment or facility malfunction.
- You are not allowed to bring their friends/family/pets along with you into the studio without the express permission of our team. Only paying members are allowed into the studio.
- You are to ensure that your finished pieces are up to studio standard before firing your pieces in the kiln. You may be subjected to cover the cost of any damages your works may inflict onto the kiln, kiln shelves or other studio equipment due to improperly prepped and glazed pieces. The studio reserves the right to cancel your studio package should the team feel your pieces are consistently incorrect and poses a hazardous risk to our kiln's and studio's safety.
- All members are to ensure that all equipment, tools and facilities are used in the correct manner so as to prevent unnecessary wear and tear and to not use excessive force when using them. In the event you are found to be abusing the studio's equipment or operating them inaccurately, you will be subjected to cover the cost of damages or replacement and your package with us cancelled.
- You are not to waste water or electricity unnecessarily and only use what you need to complete your task. In the event you are found to be wasting our resources carelessly, your package with us will be cancelled.
- All members to note that the studio and its team will not be held responsible for any damages or loss incurred to your ceramic pieces during the firing or any stage of your time in the studio. All works-in-progress are left in the studio by your discretion and it is your sole responsibility to ensure your pieces are kept properly and safely.
- All members to note that the studio and its team will not be held responsible for any loss of personal belongings or injuries sustained during your time in the studio.
- You are to ensure that all used equipment, tools and facilities are properly cleaned up before departing from studio. All items are to be returned to its proper storage locations after using them.
- Fired pieces will take 4 weeks before they are ready for collection. All unclaimed/uncollected works will be discarded after 1 month of no-show from date of notification.