Terra & Ember's 10 Lesson Pottery Course centers around those who prefer greater flexibility and control over the course days and their pace of learning. This is suitable for both beginners to the craft and also for those whom have already taken an introductory wheel throwing course and would like to further their practice in the studio.
In due course, the structured curriculum may evolve for each participant in order to make meaningful steps towards their preferred style and learning outcomes.
Our studio is offering 2 unique modules and participants are required to decide which one they would like to embark on (During check-out, please indicate your chosen module in the "Special instructions to seller" box).
*Both modules are split to give a better understanding of the fixed curriculum planned for those who have never had any experience before. As above-mentioned, the lessons will evolve towards the style which the participants are working towards to.
The 2 modules' descriptions are as follows:
101: Recommended for both absolute beginners or novices. An introduction to the foundations of wheel pottery and focuses primarily on techniques for basic functional forms and decorative techniques such as sgraffito, inlay and chattering. Participants will be able to make wares such as mugs, cups, bowls, small vases.
102: Recommended for participants who have a firm grasp on wheel throwing basics. Focuses primarily on decorative pieces such as closed forms and statement pieces, with more breathing room for shape exploration. Participants will be able to propose their own projects or follow prescribed curriculum such as tall vases, broad bowls and teapots.
*Minimum age required to participate is 12 years of age.
Course Package & Contents:
- 10 lessons (First lesson is to be booked on Weds/Thurs evening only. Last lesson will be a glazing class; students who have not done glazing before will need to attend our fixed glazing class held on the last Thursday evening of every month)
- 2.5 hours per lesson
- Access to studio equipments and tools
- Access to >50 glaze and underglaze colours
- Complimentary 10 pots glaze-fired (up to 4kg or 10 pots in total, whichever comes first)
- Own personal tool set and tool box
- 10 Hours complimentary studio practice
- Flexible lesson days & timings which require booking (see available days/timings below)
- Valid for 14 weeks from payment date (no extensions allowed, students are to be solely responsible in keeping track of their own expiry date)
- 1-time participants of our trial classes will enjoy a 5% discount
Once you have purchased this course, please sign up for a customer account on our website (Click on Login -> New customer? Sign up!). Once your account is created, please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your customer account details so we can provide you access to book your flexi class dates. Thank you!
|7pm - 9:30pm||7pm - 9:30pm|
*Last Thursday evening session of every month is the fixed glazing class unless stipulated otherwise
|9:30am - 12pm||9:30am - 12pm|
|3pm - 5:30pm||3pm - 5:30pm|
*Flexi class bookings are cut off at 24 hours. Open studio bookings are cut off at 12 hours.
*All students are to complete their glazing class within the next 3 subsequent glazing class dates once their pots are deemed ready for glazing. Failure to do so means they will be forfeiting their last class and the complimentary glaze firing included in the package.
Please head over to our full studio policies and ensure all policies are read. By registering for our course, you agreed to have understood and will uphold all policies.