Terra & Ember's 10 Lesson Pottery Course centers around those who prefer greater flexibility and control over the course days and their pace of learning. This is suitable for both beginners to the craft and also for those whom have already taken an introductory wheel throwing course and would like to further their practice in the studio.
In due course, the structured curriculum may evolve for each participant in order to make meaningful steps towards their preferred style and learning outcomes.
Our studio is offering 2 unique modules and participants are required to decide which one they would like to embark on (During check-out, please indicate your chosen module in the "Special instructions to seller" box).
*Both modules are split to give a better understanding of the fixed curriculum planned for those who have never had any experience before. As above-mentioned, the lessons will evolve towards the style which the participants are working towards to.
The 2 modules' descriptions are as follows:
101: Recommended for both absolute beginners or novices. An introduction to the foundations of wheel pottery and focuses primarily on techniques for basic functional forms and decorative techniques such as sgraffito, inlay and chattering. Participants will be able to make wares such as mugs, cups, bowls, small vases.
102: Recommended for participants who have a firm grasp on wheel throwing basics. Focuses primarily on decorative pieces such as closed forms and statement pieces, with more breathing room for shape exploration. Participants will be able to propose their own projects or follow prescribed curriculum such as tall vases, broad bowls and teapots.
After completing this course, students from Module 1 can consider to take up another 10 lessons and progress onto Module 2 while students from Module 2 can consider joining our studio's co-working plans for flexible studio hours access to work and train independently. For both options, all students will also be able to enjoy a 10% discount.
*Minimum age required to participate is 12 years of age.
Course Package & Contents:
- 10 lessons (Last lesson will be a glazing class; students who have not done glazing before will need to attend our fixed glazing class held on the second and fourth Thursday evening of every month)
- 2.5 hours per lesson with guidance and mentorship
- Own personal access code into the studio
- Own personal tool set, tool box, shelf storage and 1 packet of clay
- Access to all available studio equipment and tools
- Access to all studio glaze and underglaze colours
- Complimentary bisque firing for 5 pieces and glaze firing for 5 pieces (each piece must be 400g or lesser and 14cm or shorter)
- Flexible lesson days & timings which require booking (see available days/timings below)
- Valid for 12 weeks from payment date (no extensions allowed, students are to be solely responsible for keeping track of their own expiry date)
Once you have purchased this course, please sign up for a customer account on our website (Click on Login -> New customer? Sign up!). Once your account is created, please drop us an email at email@example.com with your customer account details so we can provide you access to book your flexi class dates. Thank you!
Every Thursday, 7pm to 9.30pm
Every Friday, 7pm to 9.30pm
*Second and Last Thursday evening session of every month is the fixed glazing class unless stipulated otherwise
Every Saturday, 2.30pm to 5pm
Every Sunday, 9.45am to 12.15pm
*Flexi class bookings are cut off at 24 hours.
*All students are to complete their glazing class within the next 3 subsequent glazing class dates once their pots are deemed ready for glazing. Failure to do so means they will be forfeiting their last class and the complimentary glaze firing included in the package.
Please head over to our full studio policies and ensure all policies are read. By registering for our course, you agreed to have understood and will uphold all policies.