Terra & Ember's 5 Lesson Pottery Course is curated for absolute beginners to the craft with a quick and easy introduction to the breadth of pottery wheel throwing and ceramic glazing. A strong foundation for wheel pottery will be taught with the focus primarily on techniques for basic functional forms. Participants will be able to make wares such as mugs, cups, bowls and small vases and adopt simple glazing and decorating techniques. With our flexi course framework, this course is perfect for those who prefer both flexibility and control over their course days and their pace of learning. Our class sizes are kept to a comfortable 6 pax per session so as to facilitate closer guidance and interaction between students and mentor.
After completing this course, students can consider joining our 10 Lesson Flexi Course Module 101 for further practice and reinforcement of their foundation or onto Module 102 for more intermediate level techniques and vessels. All students moving onto the 10 Lesson Flexi Course will also be able to enjoy a 10% discount.
*Minimum age required to participate is 12 years of age.
Course Package & Contents:
- 5 lessons (Last lesson will be a glazing class which is only held on the second and fourth Thursday evening of every month)
- 2.5 hours per lesson
- Unlimited usage of studio clay
- Access to all available studio equipment and tools
- Access to all in-house glaze and underglaze colours
- Complimentary 5 pots glaze-fired (up to 2kg or 5 pots in total, whichever comes first)
- Flexible lesson days & timings which require booking (see available dates and timings below)
- Valid for 6 weeks from payment date (No extensions allowed, students are to be solely responsible in keeping track of their course expiry date)
Once you have purchased this course, please sign up for a customer account on our website (Click on Login -> New customer? Sign up!). Once your account is created, please drop us an email at email@example.com with your customer account details so we can provide you access to book your flexi class dates. Thank you!
Every Thursday, 7pm to 9.30pm
Every Friday, 7pm to 9.30pm
*Second and Last Thursday evening session of every month is the fixed glazing class unless stipulated otherwise
Every Saturday, 2.30pm to 5pm
Every Sunday, 9.45am to 12.15pm
*Flexi class bookings are cut off at 24 hours.
All students are to complete their glazing class within the next 3 subsequent glazing class dates once their pots are deemed ready for glazing. Failure to do so means they will be forfeiting their last class and the complimentary glaze firing included in the package. Their bisque-fired pots will be returned to them.
Please head over to our full studio policies and ensure all policies are read. By registering for our course, you agreed to have understood and will uphold all policies.