Workshop Cancellation Policies
- It is the studio’s discretion to postpone or cancel workshops should unforeseen circumstances or events occur beyond the studio’s control. Workshops with only 1 pax booked will be cancelled and the participant be given the choice to select a new workshop date or get a full refund. Refunds do not apply to bookings made using gift cards/vouchers.
- Rescheduling/Cancellation requests received 2 weeks or more before your class: 100% of the total class fees (not including third-party platform commission charges) will be refunded back to you.
- Rescheduling requests received less than 2 weeks before your class will be considered on a case-by-case basis. If a rescheduling request is approved, a $10 administrative fee will be imposed by the studio.
- Cancellation requests received less than 2 weeks before your class will not be entertained at all, regardless of circumstances.
- Student swapping will be allowed should the original participant be unable to attend the class and the studio must be informed beforehand.
- No-shows for booked classes are considered as attended and booking cannot be refunded/rescheduled/postponed.
- Postponement of booked classes are only allowed if the participant tests positive, either through ART or PCR (proof of results required). Postponement will be done only for the affected participant and rescheduled class will only be held on either a Weds/Thurs. If participant is feeling unwell but tests negative, MOH advises such individuals to visit a doctor for their professional assessment and next appropriate steps. In such scenarios, we will require an official Medical Certificate from a licensed practitioner in order for us to postpone the booked class. Please use this link if you are unsure of the government advisories: https://www.covid.gov.sg/not-sure
Courses and Co-working Plan Policies
- Strictly no refunds allowed after course or plan has been purchased, no matter the circumstances, unfortunate or unforeseen force majure events the student may find themselves in. Conscious buying is highly encouraged before deciding to embark on our courses or plans.
- Strictly no refunds allowed for unused/missed sessions/hours and no extensions will be given for unused/missed sessions/hours after course or plan expiry.
- Missed sessions for bookings made are considered utilized and will be counted in final tally.
- Once course or plan has begun, packages are not allowed to be shared/transferred to another student for usage.
- The studio reserves the right to cancel any booked sessions in the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond the studio’s reasonable control.
- For co-working plan users, studio hours access begins upon entry through the studio’s first floor main door via the digital lock. Likewise, studio hours access ends upon exit through the studio’s first floor main door. No exceptions or leeway will be given.
- Students with shelf storage are to keep their boxes and shelf clean and tidy and to keep away all studio tools used.
- Students are to responsibly manage their clay inventory by ensuring their clay packet is labelled with their name, kept secured and neat on their shelf at the end of every session.
- Students are to be responsible for the recycling and storage of their used clay and to ensure all used plaster boards are scrubbed down and cleaned and returned to its storage location after usage.
- Students are to ensure that all finished pieces are up to studio standard before handing their pieces over to the studio for firing. If unsure what is studio standard, students are obliged to ask. Students may be subjected to cover the cost of any damages their works may inflict onto the kiln, kiln shelves, other works or any studio equipment due to improperly prepped and glazed pieces. The studio reserves the right to cancel the student’s packages, with no refund, should the team feel their pieces are consistently incorrect and poses a risk to our studio’s safety.
- Students are to ensure all equipment, tools and facilities are used in the correct manner so as to prevent unnecessary wear and tear and to not use excessive force when using them. If unsure what is the correct manner, students are obliged to ask. In the event the student is found to be abusing the studio’s properties or operating them incorrectly, the student will be subjected to cover the cost of damages or replacement and their packages with the studio cancelled with no refund.
- Students are to practice conscious usage of the studio’s precious resources such as water, electricity, clay, glazes, etc. Students are strictly encouraged to only use what is needed to complete the task efficiently and correctly. If unsure what is efficient or correct, students are obliged to ask. In the event, the student is found to be using the studio’s resources carelessly, the student will be subjected to cover the cost of the wastage and their packages with the studio cancelled with no refund.
- Spilled glaze tubs will be charged according to studio’s charges to whoever was actively using it at the time of the spillage. Charges will be prorated according to how much volume was spilled.
- Students are to note that the studio and its team are not and will not be held responsible for any damages or loss incurred to your unfinished or finished pieces during any and all stages of the handling or firing process or any other third parties’ involvement. All students are to note that all works left in the studio are by their discretion and it is their sole responsibility to ensure their pieces are stored properly and safely.
- Students are required to clean up their general area/wheels/splash pans/tools/towels/clay/used equipment or facilities at the end of each session and to replace all items at their respective original locations before departing from the studio.
- Students are to use the studio’s co-shared mop to mop the floor around their used wheel.
- Students are to clean up 15 minutes before the end of each session. A grace period of 10 minutes after stipulated class/studio hour end will be given for cleaning, anything after that will be considered as 30 minutes studio hour.
- Upon course or plan expiry, students are allowed to bring back their given tool set, tool box, remaining clay packet, greenwares only. All unpaid bisque wares or glazed wares are considered the studio’s properties and not to be brought back.
- Students are to be responsible in noting down their own course or plan expiry date, no reminders will be sent by studio. (validity starts from date of payment)
- Students are to be aware that the studio is at liberty to dispose of all their belongings once the course or plan expires, if the student does not clear their items by the expiry date.
- Fired pieces will take around 4 weeks before they are ready for collection, which will be announced by the studio. During collection, only wrapping paper will be provided to wrap the pieces so students are highly encouraged to bring their own reusable bags or carriers to bring their pieces home safely. All unclaimed/uncollected pieces will be discarded after collection window.
General Studio Policies
Applicable to all students and visitors to our studio
- By agreeing to participate in our classes, the studio will not be held responsible for any injuries, damages or loss of belongings incurred during your entire time in our studio and acknowledges the risks and hazards of a working pottery studio. You will be liable for compensation for any broken or damaged ceramic products, pottery tools and equipment should you be found responsible for the damage. Our studio is under 24 hours webcam surveillance for our studio’s safety and protection. Studio reserves the right to terminate any students’ enrollment in our course/workshop, forfeiting the full class fees, at any given time should the student be found flouting studio rules or posing harm/harassment to our studio and its staff. Students are not allowed to bring any other third parties (i.e humans/pets) into the studio without the prior and express permission from the studio staff. Only paying students are allowed into the studio and to utilize our studio’s facilities and equipment. No food or drinks are to be brought into the studio.
- The studio will handle and treat your handmade pieces with every due diligence to the best of our abilities. The studio and staff will not be held responsible for any damage or loss incurred to your pieces during any stage of the process including delivery (if chosen) by a third-party vendor. All students will acknowledge that no guarantee is offered, explicit or implied regarding the quality or serviceability of their final works. It is understood that the firing is dependent on the integrity of the clay making process during the workshop, hence the end products after firing may not meet expectations.
- Cracking and chipping may appear on your final pieces as all your pieces are made by hand on the wheel.
- Plates are not recommended our workshops as they are considered a higher-level piece and have a higher tendency to crack during firing. All risks are to be borne by you should you choose to make them.
- Addition of handles/decorative features to your pieces are allowed but do note that as they are not part of the main clay body, there is a chance they will drop off/crack/chip during the firing. All risks are to be borne by you should you choose to add them.
- Glazing is an optional component of our workshops so by opting for the glazing, you are to be informed that your chosen glaze may not appear exactly as seen on the tile test. Glaze chemistry is an intricate and complex part of pottery that is subjected to a variety of conditions beyond our control sometimes. The glaze colour/texture may not be a constant and can produce some minor defects and flaws after firing. All risks are to be borne by you should you choose to glaze your pieces.
- All pots will shrink in size (height, width) by up to 30% after the firing process.
- The studio is not obligated to give you a refund/replacement piece for unsatisfactory results as you have agreed to all disclaimers above. We will evaluate each case individually.
- It would take up to 8 weeks for us to process your pots and pack them up. Please do not chase us for them as we will contact you once they are ready for pick up. Once you have received our official collection email, self-collection is strictly only available on Sundays from 10am to 12pm or 2.30pm to 5pm.
Unleash Your Creativity with Clay!
Sign Up Now for an Artful Journey!
Join our pottery class today and get your hands dirty and craft beautiful creations to cherish.